ZO® Core principles that are behind all product developments are more than just the traditional approach of treating damaged skin – washing and moisturizing your skin. The core principles of all ZO® products provide a holistic approach to skincare and go beyond only the surface problems and delve into what causes skin issues. Skin is the largest organ in your body and should continuously be protected, strengthened, and renewed at the cell and tissue levels.
The first approach of ZO® is to restore the skin’s strength and optimize cellular functions. These principles are the best treatment options to renew overall skin health.
What is the ZO® Principles of Skin Health and Restoration?
There are eight specific principles of skin health restoration offer by ZO®. These principles are also the principles of healthy skincare and come directly from ZO products.
- Skin Barrier Function. Skin barriers protect and correct weakness and dryness in the epidermis. ZO® does this by restoring water, aiding in protein balance and lipids, and preventing trans-epidermal water loss. ZO® products also regulate natural skin exfoliation or removing the surface of the skin.
- Stimulating the skin involves initiating cellular active that repairs and improves the dermis and the epidermis. In ZO® products, this is accomplished through the use of retinoic acid or using retinol as an alternative.
- ZO® products stabilize and normalize epidermal and dermal cellular functions. Normalizing prevents sensitivity to treatment and enables the skin to renew and strengthen.
- Sebum Control. Sebum is the light yellow oil substance secreted by the sebaceous glands. Sebum helps keep the skin moisturized and is made up of triglycerides, fatty acids, and cholesterol, as well as lipids of skin cells, sweat, and environment matter. Buildup of sebum is one of the causes of acne and inflammation. ZO® products help prevent sebum building up.
- Chronic inflammation elimination. ZO® products reduce chronic inflammation to prevent skin texture altering, sensitivity, dyschromia, cellular dysfunction, accelerated aging, inadequate healing, and poor treatment response.
- Overcome skin resistance Another principle of healthy skincare is limiting the use of topical medical agents that can cause complications.
- Hydration and calming. Keeping the skin well hydrated will reduce irritation and reactions. Hydrators can be used as an alternative to traditional moisturizes, and ZO® increases tolerance to treatments without compromising the results.
- Smart Sun Protection. How many years have sun-lovers been cautioned about sitting out in the sun unprotected? Sun and dark spots, dry skin, and harmful UVA, UVB, HEV, and IR-A skin damage are results of no sun protection. ZO® Triple-Spectrum Protection will defend against the sun’s harmful rays and provide antioxidants, hydration, lipids, and has anti-inflammatory benefits.
Dr. Zein Obagi is a board-certified dermatologist, renowned skincare expert award-winning inventor, educator, and author. He initiated the term Science of Skin Health and its definition of creating and maintaining healthy skin. Dr. Obagi’s goal is to provide healthy skin for everyone. Dr. Obagi believes healthy skin is naturally smooth, stable, firm, even-toned, hydrated, and free of disease. He has assisted physicians and aestheticians in achieving better treatment after determining the solutions to a patient’s concern. He does not focus on just a diagnosis but finding the reason your skin is damaged.
Samara, of Samara Medspa CT, is an expert in the ZO® skincare line. She attended a master class and was trained by Dr. Zein Obagi himself. Samara believes that skin health is the best line of defense and uses ZO® products in her spa. ZO® products are the premier physician-dispensed skincare products in the world. Samara Medspa CT is a circle club partner and the premier medical office supplying ZO® Skin Health skincare products in Connecticut. The medspa’s membership in the club proves how committed Samara Medspa CT is to the goal of using ZO® products to the maximum benefit to achieve optimal results.